My beautiful blog!

An honest blog filled with reviews of products to suit any budget.

Friday 24 February 2012

Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment - first 3 days

 Hi guys, just an update on my acne journey and how things have progressed.
I went to the pharmacy a few days ago because I wanted to bite the bullet and accept that my acne needed a helping hand by getting a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. 

You can buy this cream almost anywhere and it comes in 2 strengths, a  5% BP (for sensitive skin & beginners) or the one I bought which is 10% BP. You can buy this in pretty much any pharmacy or at Boots for £2.65 (so cheap!)

What this cream does is dry out the layers of skin to get rid of the spots and acne. Using 2-3 times a day on clean skin you can start seeing results within 2 weeks. I only apply it 2 times a day because I wear makeup during the day.





Day 1 - I only used this at night as I bought it after I put my makeup on this morning. The cream is like a white powdery paste if that makes sense, it rubbed into the skin well and I didn't seem to notice any discomfort.

Day 2 - After applying this once in the morning and again at night I began to feel my skin burning slightly and certainly more uncomfortable but the instruction leaflet did say I would experience this and it shows the product is working. My skin felt much better after applying my moisturiser though.

Day 3 - Today I have woken up and my face is so dry, flakey and stingy. This is normal but it's very uncomfortable. I washed my face using a natural soap and applied the cream to my acne. It STUNG! My skin is changing though, the acne is drying up but still looks super red although I'm sure the pigmentation in my skin has changed over the years. The super bad stinging only lasts a few minutes and I waft a piece of card over my face because the old breeze helps to soothe the skin until that stinging feeling fades. I realised today that my skin would need a much heavier moisturiser so I have put lots of E45 cream on and hoped for the best.

I will keep you updated on how the treatment goes and hopefully when 2 weeks is up my skin will be improving and my skin will have become a little more used to the product and not sting like crazy all the time!

Have you used any benzoyl peroxide products before? Tell me your experience

T.L.B
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment